Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Ooey Gooey Molten Chocolate Cake



Wow, it's been over a month since my last post! I guess I've been busy traveling across the globe, getting over being sick, and tying up some loose ends in my life, but now I'm back and have so much more time in my life to cook and bake and bake bake bake! Soooo looking forward to trying so many different creations.

I decided that my first post back would have to be pretty special and indeed it is! This recipe is my new obsession and I seriously can't find anything wrong with it. Make this ooey gooey molten chocolate cake if you want to impress someone. They'll never know that it's super easy and takes hardly no time at all. This rich, decadent, amazing chocolate cake is for sure a crowd pleaser and a recipe you'll keep coming back to!

Ooey gooey molten chocolate cake by Gordon Ramsey from My Sweet Life

Serves 4

  • 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, plus extra to grease
  • 4 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa, to dust
  • 4 ounces good-quality bittersweet chocolate (minimum 70% cocoa solids), in pieces
  • 2 large eggs
  • 2 large egg yolks
  • 2/3 cup superfine granulated sugar
  • 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
  1. Heat oven to 325° F. Grease 4 large ramekins with butter, about 3 inches (7.5 cm) in diameter. Cut a small, square piece of parchment and place in the bottom of the ramekin and grease with butter, then dust liberally with cocoa.
  2. In a small bowl set over a saucepan of hot water, slowly melt the chocolate and butter. Remove bowl from heat and stir until smooth. Let cool for 10 minutes.
  3. Using an electric whisk, whisk the whole eggs, egg yolks, and sugar together until pale and thick. Add the cooled chocolate mixture and whisk just to combine.
  4. Sift the flour over the mixture and using a large metal spoon gently fold in.
  5. Divide the batter between the ramekins and bake for 12 minutes.
  6. Turn the chocolate cakes out onto warmed plates and serve immediately.
Suggestion: You can totally use a cupcake pan for this if you don't have ramekins, just beware that the centers will be extremely gooey, but who ever said that was a bad thing??? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment