Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Lemon Butter Cookies


In my last post I swore that I was back to blogging and that I had a lot more time on my hands. Well, nearly one month later, I think it's safe to say that I under-estimated how busy I was going to be! But, here I am now, and trust me, this recipe was worth the wait.

Lemon Butter Cookies. 2 sticks of butter for 12 cookies; how can it be bad? Moist, cakey, simple, and sophisticated, these cookies are a treat. Their pale color and plain look don't lend much excitement, but after the first delectable bite, you'll be won over. I'm going to need to buy more butter after this one. I have a feeling I'll be baking these again soon!

Lemon Butter Cookies by With Sprinkles on Top

1 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons finely shredded lemon peel
2 cups all-purpose flour

1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. In a large mixing bowl, beat butter with an electric mixer on medium speed for 30 seconds. Add granulated sugar; beat until mixture is combined, scraping side of bowl. Beat in lemon peel. Beat in as much of the flour as you can. Stir in the remaining flour.
3. Drop dough by rounded teaspoons 2 inches apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 15 minutes or until edges are light brown. Transfer to a wire rack for cooling.


Suggestion: Try adding in some orange zest too. That's what I did and the lemon and orange flavors together were really fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment