Sunday, November 14, 2010

Nutella Cookies


Nutella. You know, that delicious European hazelnut and chocolate spread? Yeah, I am pretty much in love with it. Eaten off of a spoon, on whole-wheat bread, or get this, in a COOKIE, nutella just continues to blow my mind! I came across this cookie recipe on stumbleupon.com (my favorite website) and I knew that I had to give it a try. From the beautiful caramel like color of the cookies, to the delicious nutella and chocolate flavors running throughout each bite, this cookie is a must try. A little different than the typical chocolate chip or oatmeal cookie, this is a great recipe if you want to mix it up a little bit. Trust me, you won't be disappointed!

Nutella Cookies from Sugar and Spice

Ingredients: 2 cups all-purpose flour 1 teaspoon baking soda 1/2 teaspoon salt 1/2 cup butter (1 stick) 1 cup sugar 1/2 cup brown sugar 2 eggs 1-1/2 teaspoon vanilla 1/4 cup Nutella (I like adding an extra 1/4 cup for a little more Nutella flavor) 1-1/2 cups chocolate chips Directions: 1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and prep baking sheets with silpats or parchment paper. 2. In a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt. 3. In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream the butter, the sugar and the brown sugar. Add the eggs and the vanilla until combined. 4. Gradually add the flour until the mixture is combined. 5. Then mix Nutella. Finally add in the chocolate chips. 6. Use ice cream scoop and drop on baking sheets and bake for 9-11 minutes.

Suggestion: Mix it up and have some fun! Add different flavors of chocolate chips, or throw in some nuts to take it up a notch. Might I suggest adding hazelnuts to pick up that Nutella flavor!

No comments:

Post a Comment