Sunday, November 14, 2010

Oreo Cookies


Okay, confession time. I don't like Oreo cookies. Yes, you read that right. I'm just not such a fan. There are so many other things I would rather eat. I know many people out there (those die hard Oreo fans) reading this probably want to kill me for saying that, but read further, and I promise you will be happy that you did. I was baking for a bake sale, and thought that I would take the opportunity to try something different. And you know what, it was sooo worth it. These cookies are soo good!! A typical cookie batter with loads of chocolate chips and crushed pieces of Oreo cookies running throughout each delectable bite, these cookies are so fun, and the Oreo cream really makes them stand out. Make these for your next party, or anytime you need some fun in your life! So maybe I don't hate Oreo's as much as I thought.....

Oreo Cookies from Lovin' in the Oven

  • 1 stick softened butter
  • 6 Tablespoons sugar
  • 6 Tablespoons brown sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 ¼ cup flour
  • ½ teaspoon baking soda
  • ½ teaspoon salt
  • 11 broken pieces Oreo Cookies
  • 1 cup chocolate chips

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cream butter, and sugars until well combined. Add egg and vanilla until mixed well.

2. Place flour, baking soda and salt into a large bowl, stir to combine. Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients then stir in oreos and chocolate chips until just combined.

3. With a medium cookie scoop, scoop onto baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes or until cooked, but still soft.Let cool on baking sheet for 3 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.


Suggestion: It would be so fun to try adding different flavored Oreo cookies into this resipe. Mint, strawberry milkshake, anything you like! Try it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment